You’ve purchased your new home and are excited about moving in, but does the idea of moving have you frazzled? You’re not alone. It’s a big undertaking, even for the most organized of homeowners and renters.
- Begin by purging things you have in storage and have not used in years.
- Decide on a mover and whether or not you plan to pack your own boxes or pay for them to do it.
- Clean your new home as soon as you have access to it. Moving in and sorting your belongings is hard enough — you don’t want to be dusting and vacuuming on the day of the move, too.
- Set up utilities ahead of time – as early as possible. You want functioning electricity, water and internet on move-in day.
- Hang all your window treatments. You don’t need a fully decorated house on move in day, but installing blinds and curtains eliminates privacy issues and waking up at dawn the next morning.
- Do you have a safe place to keep move-related documents and receipts? Make sure you’re keeping them in a secure, easy-to-find location. You’ll need that paperwork when it comes time to file your taxes.
- Then it’s time to unload, unpack, get settled, and turn your new house into a home.
Whether you are a first time home buyer, purchasing or building your dream home, refinancing a mortgage or consolidating debt, contact First Bank of the Palm Beaches. Our highly experienced team can help you take that first step toward a financial solution.